Monday, August 08, 2005

Close Encounters of the Celebrity Kind


In related Random news, I watched an Entertainment Tonight (or something like that) show about Jessica Simpson yesterday for like 20 min., then had the following dream last night:

So I was in Platteville, hanging out at my dad's fancy resturaunt (which doesn't exist in real life) and in walks Jessica Simpson, her mom, and her (female) driver. I was so excited that I joined them at their booth. I sat there and talked with Jessica about everything under the sun and she kept looking at me like I was a psycho super-fan. I even remember telling her that it must be really hard getting all of that false tabloid press about Nick and her all the time and that I didn't believe it. I also told her that I was praying for them, that they wouldn't get a divorce, and that they would make it through the tabloid stuff really well, etc.

So after dinner, they dropped me off at home (my folk's old house we lived in like 8 years ago), but I couldn't find my purse. Oddly enough, Jessica rides around in a navy blue, 2-door, compact car, by the way. Ashlee Simpson was mysteriously riding in the front seat with us at this point. So anyway, Jessica and her mom had to get out of the car so that I could look for my purse better, only to find out 30 sec. later that it had fallen out on the ground. Now Jessica and her mom were missing, so I asked Ashlee where they were and she said "oh, they started to walk back to the hotel. They're really impatient."

Then, I woke up.

So yeah, I guess Jessica Simpson and I are totally friends. :-) Thought you'd like to know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I love how random dreams can be!

Some personal fav. highlights:
- I was so excited that I joined them at their booth
- Oddly enough, Jessica rides around in a navy blue, 2-door, compact car, by the way.
- Ashlee Simpson was mysteriously riding in the front seat with us at this point.

Classic...right up there with my bizarro dream about being asked to become a member of Destiny's Child, but I wasn't having it because I was a guy and the fans would totally call us on it...and then later me trying to warn Beyonce not to drink her beverage before a show because it was milk-based...wow.

Anonymous said...

that's so funny, because i remember talking to you on the phone when you couldn't seem to tear yourself away from that jessica simpson special.. ;)

i think my favorite part was:
"I even remember telling her that it must be really hard getting all of that false tabloid press about Nick and her all the time and that I didn't believe it."
i can just imagine it, you reassuring her that you knew that it just couldn't be true.. "oh no, i don't believe a thing of it!"

and mike: ha-ha. i rehashed that dream for kelli and heidi a couple weeks ago. apparently they'd never heard about it.

Kelli said...

Yeah... Mike, we laughed so hard about that! Like rolling, hurts your gut, laughter. That was a doozy.

To tell you the truth, I have crazy dreams like this a few times a year. They don't usually involve celebrities, however, but I think they do from time to time. This was probably the most elaborate celebrity contact I have ever had in my subconscious.