Monday, April 24, 2006

Carpooling Rules!

It's 4:33p.m. and I will be leaving the office in 7 minutes. It's been a long time since I've left work this early (especially on a Monday). For the past 9 months or so I've been coming into work at 9:00 and leaving at 5:30. Although this sounds great because I can sleep in later, I've found that I don't like getting off that late because it cuts into my evening activities, yet I haven't been able to be self-motivated enough to do anything about it.

Last week a guy in the office e-mailed a few people he heard lived near him and now I'm in a carpooling group. There are only three of us, but that means that I don't drive at least 2 weeks out of the month. HOLY GAS SAVING, BATMAN!! and we get into work at about 8:10 and leave at about 4:40. It's just the motivation I needed...

So, pros to my carpool:
1. I got TONS done today at work! Way more than I usually do.
2. I beat my boss into work. :-)
3. It was quieter than normal in the office for the first 30 minutes.
4. Better coffee (someone shared their own fresh-ground beans with me)
5. Less than 3 voicemails and 5 e-mails waiting to open this morning.
6. People to talk to in the car.
7. I'm leaving now (4:40pm).

Cons:
1. Earlier bedtime.
2. Others depending on me not to sleep through my alarm clock.
3. No vote on radio station at least 2 weeks out of the month. ;-)

So all in all, CARPOOLING RULES!!

1 comment:

Kylene said...

hi kelli!

holy gas saving, batman? that's the best line ever. hehehe. :)