Monday, July 21, 2008

1st Anniversary Getaway!

I was waiting for Lee to send me a couple pictures, but I haven't received them yet, so I decided to go ahead and post about our getaway anyway...

That's right! We took a little trip, following a wedding on July 12th, "up North" for our 1st anniversary. On Sunday we went back to Bayfield, where we took our honeymoon!


Here we are taking the Ferry over to Madeline Island.


Beautiful Bayfield from the Ferry.

We rented mopeds to cruise around the island! It was SO fun!




Ben always likes to take these contemplative pictures. :)




Ben records us - very dangerous!

Even though it was dangerous, I like that you can see some of the things were were looking at as we were cruising around. To the left is Lake Superior and off in the distance you can see Upper Michigan.

A picture I took on the ride.

We rode the town park where there was this beautiful lagoon! I don't know if the pictures do it justice because it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. We spent some time hiking around, cuddling at the beach and watching two dogs play. =)
After a long and breezy day, we took turns relaxing in the jacuzzi (while watching Sports Center :p)!

We were having a great time, but alas! we had to continue on...

... taking Hwy 2 down to "Grandma's" - Ben's grandma, really - in Eagle River! When we got there, we shared homemade pie and smoked fish we brought with us from Bayfield. :) We decided to stop there for a day so I could finally meet Ben's aunt, Mary, from Virginia.

Two fawns in "Grandma's" front yard. Mary and I had a good time quietly chasing them for these pics. I was a little concerned at how tame they were. I hope they get grown up and scared before November!
Lee and couple of his friends were there fishing for a couple days. We went out on Matt's boat water skiing and knee boarding on Tuesday! It was AWESOME! I had never water skied before, but I was proud of myself because I "got up" on the 3rd try! I had a hard time staying up, however. :p We didn't have a lot of time, so I didn't go a second time, but I'm confident I would have been skiing gracefully if I had. ;) Instead, I knee boarded for my last pass and had a good time flying off in an exhilarating water crash for my grand finish! I have yet to find a water activity I don't like. Ben has experience water skiing so he had not problem, of course. He did have one of those crashes where I wish I had it on video... my belly hurt with laughter! :) I have to say that being in Grandma's lake made me a little nervous, however, because it's known as a muskie lake... yikes!
In true Wood fashion, we forgot to take the camera on the boat, so hopefully Lee will send us the pictures soon!
When we got home at 10pm on Tuesday, the 15th, it was not too late (for me) to pick the first fruits of all my labor!! They were delicious and we keep getting more! =)
A lovely trip to celebrate our anniversary. Lovely. =)

1 comment:

Gleg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.