Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ben's 25th Birthday

It was Ben's 25th birthday yesterday. (He's so young!) I started the day by getting up early and baking him cinnamon rolls to take to work. After dropping him off, I came home and took a nap.

Later we went out for lunch down at the Grand Avenue Mall and he got to pick out a new Brewer's hat. I bought him two because they had them buy one get them half off! We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch AND the extra time we got to spend together. I also got Ben a new basketball, which he wouldn't stop playing with the rest of the night, a pound of tasty coffee, and the collector's edition of his favorite movie, Braveheart.

Since the NCAA championship game was on his birthday, Ben requested buffalo wings and a beer for his birthday dinner. :)

They turned out really well and were just as good as any sports bar in town, I'm sure. He thought they were awesome!
(He had to wear the hot pads cause I had heated the pan to keep the wings warm. It's kinda funny because I think he looks like Mr. Mom with them on!)

For his cake, I made a snicker cake, which was also enjoyed by all. (All two of us.)

We were so glad that Ben was able to eat so much good food yesterday (good food is Ben's love language) since Friday and Saturday he was so sick he was puking, a disease he contracted from his wife who was sick and puking one week before.

Ben said it was the best birthday he's had since he was a little kid! I was excited because who has birthdays now that rival the ones of youth? I mean really. My favorite parts of the day were watching Ben enjoy all the good meals after being so sick, seeing his delight in his new basketball and all his presents, and the best of all: he cried when he read my card. What a good birthday!! I really love my husband. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you two...too cute! love you!

Kelli said...

Isn't Sammy cute in my sick picture?